[ubuntu-in] Configure the IP

Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:29:05 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Mehdi <akrinar at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Dear Friends*
> I use the Linux 9.10 in my office, and i'm just the person which use the
> linux in office other staff use the XP, and we useing the Local network (
> Lan) by connect to net. my Pc use the Auto IP ( For example: 192.168.1.2)
> but sometime my net does not work and i like to Configure my IP to other
> Number.
>
> I hope others solved your problem. But let me what your problem *might*be.

First of all you r using static IP, manually putting your IP address. The
reason it works sometimes and doesn't sometimes is that "there might be a IP
address conflict with other systems i,e.. 2 PC's using same Local IP
address. DHCP can solve the problem or better organized IP allotment can
also solve the problem"

> Already i change the IP and DNS, for few days it working but not always. it
> just working with the Auto.

I don't think you have to change DNS each time...

> Can i use the Terminal to do it? or if i want use the network connection (
> default of Linux which it is in the Top-Toolbar) what is the right
> process..!??

Please give me the right process for both way//