[ubuntu-in] Unable to configure Virtual BOX in Ubuntu 9.10

Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:34:46 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Ravi Joshi <ravi.joshi53 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  hello Mallikarjun and Ritesh Sinha, thank you very much for your
> suggestion......i will do that today...will it take some hard disk partition
> on my machine???? i mean to say that if i install xp by virtual machine ,
> will it take some hard disk space????actually i have only 160 GB hard disk..

When you create a logical drive in Virtualbox (VDI), unfortunately it takes
space from harddisk only.
The logical disks will be stored *$HOME/.VirtualBox/HardDisks *folder. You
can copy to some other place and even swap around different operating
systems.

If you have less space, then allocate around 6-7 GB (10GB should be great).
But problem with Windows XP is we cant have complete control over the growth
of the size. It keeps growing fast as we install applications.