[ubuntu-in] How to verify actual space on a disk (maybe OT)

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 15:40:59 BST 2010

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the many replies and comments

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Ravi Kumar <ra21vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
> yup, you better explained the situation (technically) on how it is done.
> Thanks

The issue is resolved, seeing by disbelief my friend tried to copy a
few large files, a couple of things happened
1. The were many copies of the file even though only one got copied
2. It gave up around 2 GB ;-) , so that means a waste of some valuable money.

Anyways i saved my hat and also amd relieved at not having to eat it

However i thinks its a valuable lesson, IT does not mean anything and
everything is possible.Am sure there is a rule / law (murphy type)
that says if you can't believe it then its probably not true.

Some person mentioned the unreliability of Palika Bazaar. However
again from my own and from experience of friends if you go to the
right shop (confirm with phone number and contact) then you can get
grey market original camera and binocular equipment. This shop i know
of supplies original equipment to some top photographers, so they are
reliable and i guess as trustworthy as you can get in the grey market.

Finally thanks for the tip about not formatting the disk, actually it
might be a good idea to decimate the device so that it is not used,
even by mistake, for anything valuable

ram