[ubuntu-in] How to verify actual space on a disk (maybe OT)

Mohamed Khaleel gotokhaleel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 08:36:42 BST 2010

In any USB device there is a memory space called device descriptor. This
space has information about the USB device itself. In a USB mass storage
device, the memory size of the pen drive is one of the info. This can be
modified to any number irrespective of the actual physical memory available.
This is exactly what had happened to you. There is no physical memory. The
file system reads this info initially. But when you try to transfer the
data, the FS will not be able to find space on the device.

Regards,
Khaleel