[ubuntu-in] need help in connecting Integrated web-cam in Lenovo Laptop

sivakumar bharadhwaj jeyendrasiva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:46:20 BST 2009

Dear all,

I have installed Jaunty in my lenovo 3000 G530 - Core2Duo, 250 GB, 2GB RAM,
and it has integrated webcam.

All others are working, except this integrated webcam, in jaunty.

It is still working in the XP, for yahoo messenger, skype, and also simply
from the control panel.

when ever I tried to access it says no device attached.

and also tried various ways of looking to find the device and could get this
:

  *Key type value*

*access_control.file string /dev/video0*

 *access_control.type string video4-linux*

 *info.callouts.add string1 hal-acl-tool –add-device*

 *info.callouts.remove string1 hal-acl-tool –remove-device*

 *info.capabilities string1 video4linux,
video4linux.video_capture.access-control*

 *info.category string video4linux*

 *info.parent string
/org/freedesktop/hal/devices/usb_device_5986_205_noserial_if0*

 *info.product string Lenova EasyCamera*

 *info.subsystem string video4linux*

 *info.udi string
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_5986_205_noserial_if0.video4linux*

 *linux.device.file string /dev/video-*

 *linux.hotplug.type int32 2(0x2)*

 *linux.subsystem string video4linux*

 *linux.sysfs_path string /sys/devices/pci0000-00:1d.7/usb2/2.3/
2.3.1.0/video4linux/video0*

 *videolinux.device string /dev/video0*

 *videorlinux.version string 2*

(I took a screenshot and sent the same about 2 months back, but it got
bounced back, and I typed all the above from the screenshot in Writer, and
copied it here).

could you please help me.

with warm regards

s.sivakumar