[ubuntu-in] How many MOTUs are from India?

ankur mishra ankurwidguitar at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 16:29:42 BST 2009

Who is the one? I would like to know about his MOTU journey.

I am a high school student. Have been to Ubuntu family for now, one and half year. I know a bit of C, C++ and VB. I am learning python from past few days. I am regular reader of Full Circle Magazine (www.fullcirclemagazine.org). In that, I read MOTU interviews every month. Most of the MOTUs I have seen in there are of age below 20. Some are even 16-17 years old. I am inspired with that. And I understand that only inspiration isn't going to feed my aspiration.

As you said 'You need to attach debdiff (to the bug) between the buggy package and the fixed package to get them uploaded', I couldn't understand what debdiff is. Similarly I couldn't understand many of such terms on MOTU wiki too.
I know that I have a very-very long way to go for what I am aspiring. The only thing I wanted to ask that where do I start. Will I have to master a particular language? If yes, then which one? What Linux specific thing will I have to learn? Can you please specify some book for it? Is there some book which would explain me this whole thing? Please tell me anything and everything basic, that you would like a newborn to know about this packaging stuff. I am not asking for another wiki, but yours small explanation will do wonders. :-)

Thank you for your replies! Hope to get one soon.

Ankur

 http://ankurwidguitar.blogspot.com