[ubuntu-in] Interested in hearing about ser experiences about Karmic Koala (9.10)

Abhinav Modi abhinavmodi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:15:25 GMT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> am keen to know what user feedback there if for Karmic Koala , from
> users on the list who may have upgraded / reinstalled.

Have been using it since one of the beta versions.

TBH, I do not see much of an external difference. The upgrade process was
smooth.
The startup time seems to have decreased, which is good.
The boot splash does not show any info, which is good for some users -
personally, I would like some text to keep appearing on what is happening.
Maybe there is a tweak for that.

Things to try:
* UEC (The cloud computing thing) - Looks promising.
* Install on ext4 might show greater performance increase
* I use pidgin, as I haven't gotten hang of the empathy client yet. Pidgin
does support voice/video with google. Tried setting it up. The Video is
fine, but the audio is not coming out properly.

Maybe if someone upgrades from 9.04 directly (instead of continuous
incremental upgrades via alpha/beta), they will see a more discernible
difference :)

Would of course recommend upgrading from 9.04

HTH
Abhinav

http://indimark.blogspot.com
http://www.employees.org/~abhinav/blog