[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu Tshirts

Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 08:10:33 GMT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Hardik Dalwadi
<hardik.dalwadi at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Arun Shrimali <arun.reso at gmail.com
> > <mailto:arun.reso at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Dear All,
> >
> >     How can I have "do it with Ubuntu" Tshirts in India ........
> >
> > I think you can contact Ubuntu store and order bulks, sell in here. But
> > thats costly if we convert to indian currency.
> >
> > I dont know if it is illegal to put a ubuntu logo and design shirt for
> > selling, probably come experts can talk about it.
>
> @ Mallikarjun,
>
> I think it's illegal you need trademark license to do that, Please refer
> this link [1] for more information. Few words related to that from
> Ubuntu Trademark Policy.
>
> ---

Restricted use that requires a trademark license

Permission from us is necessary to use any of the Trademarks under any
circumstances other than those specifically permitted above. These include:

   -

   *Any commercial use. *
   -

   Use on or in relation to a software product that includes or is built on
   top of a product supplied by us, if there is any commercial intent
   associated with that product.
   -

   Use in a domain name or URL.
   -

   *Use for merchandising purposes, e.g. on t-shirts and the like. *
   -

   Use of a name which includes the letters BUNTU in relation to computer
   hardware or software.
   -

   Services relating to any of the above.

*Does this mean, T-shirts not allowed unless approved from them?*