[ubuntu-in] Firefox in ubuntu: online transactions

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:27:53 GMT 2009

On 10/28/2009 10:21 PM, Abhinav Modi wrote:

> 2009/10/28 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
> <mailto:mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>>
>

>     On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Ravi Kumar <ra21vi at gmail.com
>     <mailto:ra21vi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Kartik S <drskartik at gmail.com
>         <mailto:drskartik at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>              I tried paying my BSNL landline and mobile bills online
>             using Firefox 3.0. I could complete my landline
>             transaction, but not my Cellone using firefox. I also
>             tried user agent switcher( Internet explorer) . Ultimately
>             I succeeded using windows xp in  virtual box(using IE of
>             course).
>

>         Yes, there are many sites, which proudly say they work on IE
>         only. I cannot remember, but perhaps PNB bank site even says
>         "For secure transaction, use IE only" and works with IE only.
>         I don't know why? Mainly this is not wrong with the PNB, but
>         those Software Giants in India, which has most faith in
>         Microsoft technologies and had never peeked out of their room.
>         They may not be knowing about the wornderful opensource
>         available to us and the bleeding edge technology.
>
>         So, perhaps, while browsing these sites, you won't be able to
>         perform the transaction. You can try to use the IE4Linux (i
>         guess the name is correct) on Ubuntu for those sites, or can
>         have Windows on VirtualBox for such difficult situation. :)
>
>     But *User Agent Switcher *addon for Firefox should help in such
>     case. Latest version simulates IE 6,7,8.
>

> Not necessarily. User Agent Switcher only sends IE (or the agent you
> configure) with the page request. There can be javascript code,
> activex controls  etc which only works with IE, and not with FF or
> other browsers.
>
> Regards
> Abhinav
>
> --
> http://www.employees.org/~abhinav/blog
> <http://www.employees.org/%7Eabhinav/blog>

I'm able to open any https (443) sites with my firefox 3.5.3 ... PNB also

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

* Save Paper, Save Environment. *
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/