[ubuntu-in] OT - information / facts on negative aspects of Copyrights / DRM etc

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:54:12 GMT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Aanjhan R <aanjhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its the community that decides which is OFFTOP and which is ONTOPIC.
> Not the admin. The admin just executes what the community feels.
>
> IMO (I am *not* a mailing list admin), this is perfectly fine to be
> discussed here.

Thanks

On that note i also wanted to ask for positive anecdotes / examples of
FLOSS , Creative Commons Use, Copy Left Use.

Some prominent ones i have are
Wikipedia - CC
Firefox -
VLC
Sourceforge

Organizations Using Linux:
NASA using Linux ??
Dreamworks - the movie production company
Google
US Army
Toyota

8 of the top 10 web hosting companies (in the US) use FLOSS - 5 linux
and 3 FreeBSD
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2009/01/02/new_york_internet_and_westhost_are_the_most_reliable_hosting_companies_in_december_2008.html

**
regards