[ubuntu-in] Giving up the GIMP is a sign of Ubuntu's mainstream maturity - A rebuttal

Nigel Babu nigelbabu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:22:09 GMT 2009

Hey Guys

There is a specific reason why GIMP was dropped.  If any of you did check
out Lucid alpha, the 64-bit version of Lucid is too big to fit into a
standard disk.  I believe this led to some ruthless cut down of software
being included in the live CD and GIMP got cut.  A lot of discussion has
been going on about this for the past few days and I think its a good idea.
 GIMP is heavy software (when you consider its libraries and requirements)
and not exactly easy to handle for the newbie.  But the main reason is the
size constraints.

Warm Regards
Nigel Babu
www.stackedagainst.blogspot.com