[ubuntu-in] Giving up the GIMP is a sign of Ubuntu's mainstream maturity - A rebuttal

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:30:22 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
> . DVD's have become quite
> ubiquitous, prices of DVD's now are less than what CD's where at the
> time of the first Ubuntu distribution.

Who cares about the price of DVD vs CD. The actual aim supposed to have a CD
image rather than DVD, so that users can spend less download bandwidth and
get the latest Ubuntu. If you want to have those extra dropped packages, you
can still download and install (usign apt-get/synaptics). More new drivers,
support for hardware integrated in Install CD would probably require more
space. And CD isn't getting bigger in storage. So how this would be tackled?

I think this is really not a problem if you have online repository access.