[ubuntu-in] Any one using a EEEPC BOX with Ubuntu

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 06:19:45 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Ritesh Sinha <sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own post, but if you're looking for a nice
> "nettop" type of system, I would recommend that you get one with an
> nvidia ION chipset. This will allow you to play HD video (and provide
> video video acceleration via VDPAU). One model is the Acer Revo which
> I had for a while.

What exactly are net tops

actually i am looking for a low cost / low power regular computing
solution. The problems with netbooks are that they over time will get
tiring , if some one wants to use it for a few hours a day.

My understanding it that these desktop pc's are both low cost and low
power but still retain the capability of pretty impressive computing -
office apps, multimedia etc, apart from net connectivity.

But the specs don't mention what is missing - say does it have an
optical drive or not etc. Nor the power configuration - it would be
ideal and amzing if it could run of 12 volt DC

regards
ram