[ubuntu-in] Any one using a EEEPC BOX with Ubuntu

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 06:12:04 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Ritesh Sinha <sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I understand that apart from the eeepc laptop there is also a non
>> laptop eeepcs which are low powered.
>>
>> So am wondering if anyone has used them and how well they perform with Ubuntu.
>
> I think this model ships with Linux pre-installed in some countries.
> Ideally it should work with Ubuntu.
>

>> http://in.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QUObl5lSRQQ3lSqJ
>>

>> also any idea what it costs
>>
>> it seems like the eeepc has become quite expensive - the new 1100ha
>> model retailing for some 28 k (wow)

Sorry to reply to my own post, but if you're looking for a nice
"nettop" type of system, I would recommend that you get one with an
nvidia ION chipset. This will allow you to play HD video (and provide
video video acceleration via VDPAU). One model is the Acer Revo which
I had for a while.

--
Sent using the magic of the interwebs