[ubuntu-in] Information on two software

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:37:54 GMT 2009

Hi

Needed info on two types of software
1. My laptop HD seems to be failing, atleast that what Karmic is
reporting "DISK HAS TOO MANY BAD SECTORS" - so any idea what software
i could use to find out what is happening and maybe rectify the
problem. fsck is too confusing to use and have not been able to find a
GUI for it.

2. A few days back saw a friend using windows movie player - he placed
some images (still pictures)  and added music and generated a movie
(video) with the pictures. I was quite taken aback, and wondered is
there any similar software in Ubuntu (Linux).

would be grateful for suggestions

regards
ram