[ubuntu-in] FFMPEG Video to Mp4, Mp4 to video/audio problem

Moz listmoz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:46:41 GMT 2009

Hi

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Easwar Hariharan <meindian523 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/11/9 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>:
> > Dear friends,
> >   I have problem figuring out which library to install for ffmpeg to work
> > with mp4 files,
> > I can convert flv to avi, mp3 and all I wanted but not to/from mp4.
> > I was able to do this in previous versions, and did a fresh install
> > recently.

mp4 is only a container format, the codec used to encode the video is what
matters, container could be any of the available ones. Perhaps you do not
have the right codecs. Usually mencoder can do all this very well, but
ffmpeg is also very good as well. Checkout
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp4for the format.
Moz