[ubuntu-in] New ubuntu mirror, India

Hardik Dalwadi hardik.dalwadi at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 5 17:09:04 GMT 2009

Ripunjay Bararia wrote:
> Hi All,
> We are pleased to announce a new Ubuntu mirror for India @
>
> http://ubuntuarchive.hnsdc.com/ - archive-mirror
>
> http://ubunturelease.hnsdc.com/ - release-mirror
>

> We are in the process of being made country mirror for
> "in.archive.ubuntu.com"

@ Ripunjay,

Good to hear that \o/.

Observation:

* You can choose best server response from
   System -> Software Sources -> "Download From: Select "Other..." ->
   Select Best Server

* If i am using this, thne it's putting me in somewhere Taiwan base
   servers from Reliance Broadband NetConnect+

* If i am using this with Airtel Broadband, then it's put me
   http://ubuntuarchive.hnsdc.com/

* What about others? (Say from BSNL / MTNL / TATA / ETC...)

* This is very necessary if we want to take benefit from geo base
   servers :)

Request:

* Can you share statistics?  Like Annually / Monthly Downloads?
   Bandwidth  per Day / Week / Month / Year?

Help would be much appreciated :)

--
Hardik Dalwadi
Person at Canonical