[ubuntu-in] ubuntu repository dvd's online @ mirrors.hns.net.in

Abhinav Modi abhinavmodi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:36:02 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Ritesh Sinha <sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Ripunjay Bararia <ripunjay at hns.net.in>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > ubuntu-repository-9.04-i386 - dvd set is ready for download
> > ubuntu-repository-9.10-i386 - dvd set is ready for download
> >
> > find both @
> >
> > http://mirrors.hns.net.in/ubuntu-repository-dvd/
> >
> > if any problems/suggestions, do let me know.
> >

> First of all, many thanks for taking such a brilliant initiative.
> Would it also be possible to run a torrent tracker for huge downloads?
> I assume your connection would be saturated after a while as repo
> downloads are pretty huge. Initially it wouldn't be as fast as
> HTTP/FTP but many of us who have unlimited data connections could help
> seed and make downloads fast over a period of time.
>
> My home pc is on most of the time and I would be happy to seed for as
> long as possible.
>
> What are the community's thoughts on this?

+1 for a torrent, though I am not sure how many people would be willing to
download a torrent (needs to be publicized I guess).

On the other hand, if these DVDs are in demand (as they are the first to
come out, as I understand), then even international users may be interested.

I can also seed it if required.

Regards
Abhinav