[ubuntu-in] Want to ask about Updates..

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 08:21:47 GMT 2009

On 11/05/2009 01:38 PM, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Ravi Joshi<ravi.joshi53 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello frineds,
>>                   I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed on my laptop .But i have a new cd of Ubuntu 9.10.I want to ask you that if i upgrade my ubuntu all my updates can remain on my laptop?currently codec of songs is installed in my ubuntu.
>>
> Is it Desktop CD? You can not use Desktop CD for upgrades.
> You can either download alternate CD and use it along with internet
> connection for upgrade or you can do fresh install using Desktop CD.
>

> Onkar

this can also work,

Click on System Menu -> Administrator -> Update Manager, which will now
display “New distribution release 9.10 is available” message along with
a ‘Upgrade’ just press it ( assuming fast internet connection )

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

* Save Paper, Save Environment. *
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/