[ubuntu-in] OT: Taking tux (and Ubuntu) for a run

BR!j!TH brijithp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:56:54 GMT 2009

Hai all,
                    My case is entirely different. Of course I am working in
a small company, when I joined here these people where using Debian in every
system. I could convince my management team to use Ubuntu. I told them
my experiences with Ubuntu (I have been using Ubuntu Since ubuntu 5.10). Now
in our office we run ubuntu 9.04 in 5 systems. Few days back i had a meeting
with management team. They asked me about installing Ubuntu in each and
every system in our office. It was on 29 th oct the day ubuntu 9.10
scheduled to release. I told them about ubuntu 9.10. They told me to install
Ubuntu 9.10 and setup our working environment and test the feasibility. I
told them to wait for couple of weeks so that few updates to come out and
let ubuntu guys fix the obvious bugs.

I am confident that we will be installing Ubuntu 9.10 in every system
replacing Debian and Ubuntu 9.04

:)

2009/11/2 sivakumar bharadhwaj <jeyendrasiva at gmail.com>

> Dear Sirs,
>
> i am using Ubuntu for just 3 - 4 months only, earlier for past 10 years
> windows only.
>
> though i have heard about linux in the last 3 to 4 years - havent seen
> anyone using linux.  I was working for a company (in the power division)
> where they sell IBM, SUN, HP, and Lenovo.  But even at office (where at
> bangalore around 200 people used to work), havent seen anyone using linux.
> every system will be preinstalled with XP.  I have seen our support
> engineers using Solaris 10 (Sun support).
>
> Why I am telliing all these,  I dont think we can blame anyone - for not
> seeing Linux.
>
> Though I am fully satisfied with Ubuntu, I could not install them at my
> office, where my HO people are shouting - since they cannot support for
> Ubuntu. I have installed 9.04 & 9.10 in my own laptop.
>
> I know there is a LUG in chennai, and if organisation like that gives us
> more about customising & others for Ubuntu, we shall help more people,
> outside this Linux group.  I know you all are very very good in linux.
> whereas we do not know more than just customising.  I do not blame you all
> at all ....
>
> Instead, on saturdays & sundays, IF POSSIBLE,  can anyone give us basic
> knowledge of customising certain aspects of Ubuntu, in chennai.
>
> I can / others too can organise for such ones.  Just meet for max. 2 to 3
> hours ( No parties etc - just Gyan).  we will meet informally.
>
> I feel that people who are outside the regular Linux group (like you all)
> can only lure the people who are using Windows.  If you all tell that 9.10
> is better than windows XP or 7, they will say you are all experienced and
> can do all that is required.
>
> In short : give us A LITTLE MORE of what you all know.  We will evangelise
> for you.  I know that LINUX DO NOT NEED EVANGELISTS, !!!!!!.
>

> May be I have barged in without qualification - in this chat.
>
> s.sivakumar
> chennai
> 80561 37729 (Airtel - chennai)

"Dream is not what you see in sleep
is the thing which does not let you sleep"