[ubuntu-in] hello! new to list-- 3 questions

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:31:14 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Moz <listmoz at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I have the following three lines in my /etc/rc.local, at the bottom of
> the file:
>

> sudo -S modprobe usbserial vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1010 <
> /path/to/filewithuserpassword
</snip>

Where did you learn about this *genius* way to load modules on
startup? And you are writing down your password in a file for that?

If you want to load a module on startup, simply add it to
/etc/modules. If you want the module to be added with specific options
then create a file /etc/modprobe.d/modulename and add options to that
file.

Onkar