[ubuntu-in] Forums back up, new design!

Pratul Kalia pratulkalia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:00:15 GMT 2009

Hey everyone

The forums are back up again on http://forum.ubuntu-in.info/ !
We lost the previous user data that was on SMF, since we kept getting
random attacks on the site even though the SMF versions were kept
updated regularly. So, this time we've gone with another forum system
called bbPress. bbPress is by the same people who make WordPress, so I
am assured its quite safe and stable. Also, as I find, the codebase is
very simple, efficient and clean. There is a significant improvement
in the performance of the site. I assure everyone that such a thing
(losing our data) will not happen again.

On the bright side, we also have a new design for the forum! The
design was put together by Ajinkya is just *one* day, and he's done a
great job of making them look very Ubuntu-ish. Thanks for the work,
Ajinkya! :-) Constructive comments are welcome.

cheers
pratul

--
dum vivimus, vivamus