[ubuntu-in] GNOME settings error

ambika divya ambikadivya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:38:20 GMT 2009

All u guys just confusing me......I have simply install ubuntu 8.04 in sda
3  and ext 3 file format.....
What fdisk -l checks i don't know ....... i have check this by gparted
option.......that disk is sda 3 .
Please don't confuse me .

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 4:40 PM, "Manish Sinha (मनीष सिन्हा)" <
mail at manishsinha.net> wrote:

> Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Khadri Arvind <arvindkhadri at gmail.com
> > <mailto:arvindkhadri at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Are you even sure that you have Ubuntu installed, and Abhishek
> >     Amberkar
> >     Linux can't be installed on Windows filesystems you have to use Linux
> >     filesystems only!!!
> >

> > You know what, am wondering if Ambika is running a live session
> >
> > am working of a live simplymepis sessions and this is the error
> > synaptic gives me
> >
> > *E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
> > E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> > E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
> >
> > W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock*
> >
> > which it think is the same as what she got
> >
> > also all her other troubles seem caused by this as well.
> >
> > So Ambika how are you running your ubuntu - is it from a cd / dvd or
> > did you install i l- what did you do to install it
> >
> > ram
>
> I am thinking in a different way. I think Wubi installs Ubuntu under
> windows Filesystem if am not wrong. Someone please enlighten me too. I
> have never installed using Wubi.
>
> Regards,
> Manish

visit my website and celebrate an ancient art
http://ambika.web.officelive.com/default.htm
visit my blog www.kathakguru.blogspot.com
http://www.careerhelpforu.blogspot.com/