[ubuntu-in] error while booting

ramnarayan.k at gmail.com ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 10:34:25 GMT 2009

Hi

Just a while back i got an error while booting up.

I tried to note down the entire error message was but have missed parts
of it - what i have is here

There was a message gdm failed to load because of some ???

Its related to my /dev/sda7 partition which happens to be my root section

Further it seems that my /tmp had become write only and logs could not
be written to this section.

so i ran fsck from the root terminal that popped up after all the error
messages
Anyway some of the error message that i wrote down were

Unexpected inconsistency , run fsck without -a -p, manually
after which i got a whole lots of questions

entry linc-6d75-0-12bf 7c 998e14a in /tmp/orbit-ram (73388) has deleted
 unused inode 74681 fix (y)

Block bitmap difference (216067 - 216073) etc etc Fix (Y)

free block count wrong from group 6# (4519 counted = 4528) fix (Y)
above message came for blocks 9 and 10