[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu Global Jam participation

Manish Sinha mail at manishsinha.net
Thu Jun 18 20:17:10 BST 2009

Hi !
Just wanted to mention something that caught my eye yesterday. A Ubuntu
Global Jam has been scheduled from October 2nd to October 4th, later
this year.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

I hope all of you might have heard about it.
All the three days are holiday - Fri,Sat,Sun of which Fri is a national
holiday. So finding an hour or two won't harm. I would myself probably
work on Documentation and some minor work on Bugs Tracker like assigning
packages to newly reported bugs.

The Jam incorporates a number themes:
Bugs,Testing,Documentation,Translations

The problem maybe that we cannot meet up and plan a event to get
together and work on this as we all might be at different part of the
country.
I feel we can contribute individually in some way from our own place.
That way if there are a sizable number of willing people, we could add
the ubuntu-in team's name on the wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam/Events.

Thanks