[ubuntu-in] Commercial support and AMC for ubuntu home users in delhi?

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:21:12 BST 2009

dear ramnarayan,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Ramnarayan.K<ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Linux Lingam<linuxlingam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> this is not a call for volunteers, or even individuals and freelancers
>> who wish to offer paid-support for ubuntu.
>>
>> wish to urgently know, are there companies, big or small, with hired
>> full-time engineers and support staff, that offer support to
>> individuals and home-users, on a per-call and/or AMC basis, both
>> on-site and for walk-in customers?
>
> would be interesting to know ?
>
> if some one is on a more general linux list kindly fwd we may get some
> more responses.

well i am on other lists, but did not x-post as it's not proper
netiquette and also
am being specific to ubuntu home-users. pointless to be contacted by a company
that may want to drive a happy ubuntu customer to their flavour, which
may also not
be so free, or may even be quite proprietary.

> I too know of quite a few people who would be willing to shell out
> some money for AMC's that support opensource.

ditto, except i know people with their wallets out of their pockets for this.

also, it's been almost 15 hours since i posted this, and no tangible response.
contrast with if i had asked for a home-delivery pizza service.

no wonder most newbies eventually lose their appetite for linux.

regards
niyam

niyam bhushan