[ubuntu-in] need help - Jaunty not showing integrated webcam in my new Lenovo Laptop

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:21:12 BST 2009

On 07/22/2009 06:45 PM, Mallikarjun(?????????????) wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM, sivakumar bharadhwaj
> <jeyendrasiva at gmail.com <mailto:jeyendrasiva at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am using Jaunty for almost a month now.  Experience is JUST
>     GREAT ......
>     And I totally forgot about the integrated webcam in this new
>     laptop ....
>
>     I am not able to use this, and it seems it is not even sensed by
>     the Jaunty....
>
>     I have just attached the screenimage (2 images) and please guide
>     me how to make this device a usable one.
>
>     (iam just feeling shy to inform you all,  ..... it is working even
>     now in XP).
>
>     Now at our office they are making it almost a mandatory for web
>     conference (atleast a con call), and in this I am finding it
>     difficult in Jaunty.  I have to switch to XP only for this.
>
>     In fact in our HO & other branches, we are thinking of installing
>     the complete Linux (Jaunty with OOO and others).
>
>     Please help me.
>
> Install cheese to take images, but for web conference I have no clue.
>

>     yours
>     s. sivakumar
>     chennai
>     93810 66558
>     --

use cheese

here http://live.gnome.org/Cheese

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Hü Save Paper, Save Environment. P
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/