[ubuntu-in] need help - Jaunty not showing integrated webcam in my new Lenovo Laptop

sivakumar bharadhwaj jeyendrasiva at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:39:09 BST 2009

Hi,

I am using Jaunty for almost a month now.  Experience is JUST GREAT ......
And I totally forgot about the integrated webcam in this new laptop ....

I am not able to use this, and it seems it is not even sensed by the
Jaunty....

I have just attached the screenimage (2 images) and please guide me how to
make this device a usable one.

(iam just feeling shy to inform you all,  ..... it is working even now in
XP).

Now at our office they are making it almost a mandatory for web conference
(atleast a con call), and in this I am finding it difficult in Jaunty.  I
have to switch to XP only for this.

In fact in our HO & other branches, we are thinking of installing the
complete Linux (Jaunty with OOO and others).

Please help me.

yours
s. sivakumar
chennai