[ubuntu-in] Unique Firefox problem

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:32:12 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Bryan Quigley <BryanQuigley at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Try clearing your Firefox cache Tools -> Clear Private Data, and only
> select Cache.  If that doesn't work, try clearing them all.
>
> And it that still doesn't work, back up your favorites and any other
> information you want to keep.
> Open up a terminal and run this "rm .mozilla/firefox/ -rf"
> which brings you back to a "blank" firefox.

or, starting firefox from terminal with ./firefox -P should open Profile
Manager, just try creating a new profile and see if that solves the issue. I
used to get this problem, with slightly different symptoms, when switching a
lot between Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.1 betas, not sure exactly why.
Creating a fresh profile would fix it, and now I run the two versions under
different profiles and have faced no problems.

hope that helps,
Sanjay