[ubuntu-in] Introduction, Ubuntu member from NJ Loco Team in Delhi

ankur mishra ankurwidguitar at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 03:39:23 BST 2009

 Hi Bryan!
Welcome to India.
Your idea about implementing FOSS on a mass level is great. Converting Cyber Cafe systems is a great idea too. You asked if anybody has gone after Internet cafes about such implementations. Well, I have done so. I am trying to convince a local cyber cafe owner to switch to FOSS. So, to be clear, I have not tried this thing in mass, but I have at least started it.
I have given an Ubuntu CD to that person too. Intially he was not at all ready to think about it. But after quite a bit of arguments he has promised me that he would try these on a computer. If it works, he would completely convert to a FOSS devotee.
I am a high school student and I wasn't able to convince him very strongly due to my limited knowledge about Ubuntu and other FOSS. But I am trying my best. As usual, this person is annoyed with viruses and is looking forward to a permanent solution. So, he may convert very soon.
But few things like: no start button, no right click>refresh, different printer setup menu, different internet connection manager, no IE, complex networking etc are stopping him. I hope these will not prevent him.
Can you gimme some tips to convince him more strongly?
Regards
Ankur
http://ankurwidguitar.blogspot.com