[ubuntu-in] This Connection is Untrusted (tourble with Firefox)

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:50:01 BST 2009

Hi

Am facing some trouble with firefox - on some sites that require secure
connections - like ticket bookings, passport sites etc.

The problem is when i click on some links
i get this message (below between the ***)

****
*This Connection is Untrusted*
*You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to passport.gov.in, but we can't confirm that your connection is
secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

       *Technical Details*

 passport.gov.in uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate has expired.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)
*
***
am using firefox 3.5 in Ubuntu. I downloaded the firefox tar.gz and
extracted it and copied the extracted folder to /home/user/.mozilla/

and made links to the firefox shell script there.

am wondering if this error has anything to do with Firefox 3.5 and the fact
that its not updated on 9.04 via the normal update routes

ram