[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu Repository DVDs available at Zyxware

Vinayak Mutalikdesai vinayak.mdesai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 04:27:23 GMT 2009

I googled it.
There is no support for VIA graphics card [I have inbuilt].

Processor    : AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+      [64 bit]
VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. S3 Unichrome Pro VGA
Adapter
PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 PCI bridge [K8T800/K8T890 South]
Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97
Audio Controller

I have tried fresh installation of 8.10 on my system.. The GUI installation
will not start. Text mode installation succeeded but I cant view the GUI
interface.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Vinayak Mutalikdesai
> <vinayak.mdesai at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have issue with video driver. I upgraded my PC once to 8.10 after that
> It
> > wont display GUI.
> > So I am not interested in upgrading to 8.10 with 8.04 only can i use it?
> >
> 1. What are your system specs
>
> have you tried googling for your video error messages
>
> did you try a live 8.10 cd to see if it works well or not
>
> am sure that there would be a solution for your issue - 8.10 is far
> superior in many aspects to 8.04 so its worth figuring out the problem
> and upgrading.
>
> Also am not good at too technical stuff but am sure if you post your
> problem here and do a search (as said above) you would get a solution
>
> ram

Vinayak MutalikDesai
Mobile  +91-97410 66922

"There are only 10 type of people in the world, those who can understand
binary and those who don't"