[ubuntu-in] USB Modem, You telecom

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:22:37 GMT 2009

> I think that wvdial may work for you even though I have never heard of this ISP.
>
> Open a terminal and type 'sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf' and it
> should detect your modem.
>
> Try this and then post back and we can tell you what to do next.
This should work.  You Telecom, if I remember correctly, is a Pune
based company offering broadband services.  The modem I'd seen was a
Motorola one, as far as I remember.  And yes... If your modem connects
via USB, then there is a 99% chance that your modem will work in one
go.

Turn on the modem after connecting it, and then run the command that
Fabian has given, in a terminal (Applications->Accesories->Terminal).
If it gives an output of success, go ahead and edit the configuration
file that the previous command generated by 'gksu gedit
/etc/wvdial.conf' and then set the Phone number that you have to dial
in to, the Username and the Password.  Save and exit.  After that, run
'wvdial' from a terminal and you should be online in a few seconds...
:)

Otherwise, please post the exact output of the command to the list.

Ninad Pundalik
http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog