[ubuntu-in] Very low sound

Jay jayanths at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:34:46 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Ankur Lachhiramka <aklisall at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi friends,
> Hey I hav installed ubuntu 8.10 in my dell inspiron 1525. But now I
> dont get a good sound volume even when I connect my external speakers.
> Plz help me out to solve this problem
> Thanks
> Cheers

I faced a very similar issue.. I double Clicked on the volume Icon which
opened the mixer.. There i saw that the front speaker volume and master
volume were very low.. Could you please confirm that this may not be the
issue?

If its not, then do tell us the sound card/driver you are using.. the
command lspci would give you some details..

--
Jay
"Impossible Is Nothing"