[ubuntu-in] filesystem queries queries for external drive

Rohit V Bhute rvbhute at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 10:28:51 GMT 2009

Mehul Ved wrote:
> 2) If you are using HAL, then you will need to modify
> /etc/udev/rules.d/XX-hal.rules, where XX is some number. This article
> should give some idea on how to do that
> http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/nethub/article.php/3635686 .

Thanks for the link! I followed the links in the bottom and got to
http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html#ownership.

I created a file 10-local.rules and added the following rule in it:

KERNEL=="sd?1", SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", ATTRS{vendor}=="SanDisk",
ATTRS{model}=="U3 Cruzer Micro", OWNER="rohit"

Works perfectly.

Regards.
--
Rohit V. Bhute