[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu for 64 bit processor

Shrikant Khanduri shrikant.khanduri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 05:14:08 GMT 2009

Thanks all,

Sony Digi Cam works fine with 32 bit Xp.
Xp -64, supports many 32 bit application, but not all.
I think it depends on application (simulation).
Many antiviruses, not works on it, thus not secure.
Memory usage is too high, (approx 400 mb in ideal condition)
No support for Sony Digi Cam (I think support is not from sony side),however
by using virtual machine -> (32 bit OS), you can connect.

So, from all your discussions, finally I decided to stay with ubuntu 32 on
64 bit processor.
As
1. I cannot update it to ubuntu-64
2. I have to download the ubuntu-64
3. I have to uninstall the current setup.
4. I have 512 MB RAM only.
5. No much difference in performance
6. Currently 64 bit applications are very few.

Thanks once again.
Shrikant Khanduri