[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu for 64 bit processor

Puneeth Chaganti punchagan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 04:11:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

> I requested one CD from ubuntu website. But there was not such an option.
Yes, there's no such option and Google tells me Canonical has stopped
shipping 64bit version, without any announcement. [I couldn't find any
announcement, but found this on digg
http://blog.shevin.info/2009/01/truth-about-64bit-ubuntu.html]
This could be *incorrect* though, since the site allows you to
download a 64 bit version.

> Is upgrade to 64 bit Ubuntu from 32 bit Ubuntu possible ?
As far as I know, it's not possible to upgrade from 32 to 64 bit.
[Correct me if I'm wrong]

/punchagan

--
Puneeth Chaganti
http://punchagan.wordpress.com

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that
here and there
-- Richard P Feynman