[ubuntu-in] help with reliance ADM-100C usb modem

Praveen Yo tgpraveen89 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 08:35:00 GMT 2009

ok . guys an update with my ubuntu 8.10 intrepidwhen i perform lsusb then
 one entry is stated as AnyData Corporation which is for the usb-modem.

although lspci gives no similar entry.

so my question is that since it is showing up in lsusb

 does it mean that the kernel recognises it?
does it mean that the kernel supports it?

if so, then can anyone tell me how to get it working?

or does it just mean that it's detected in usb port but the kernel neither
recognises nor supports it?