[ubuntu-in] Edubuntu LiveCD

Sameep sameepk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 07:52:37 GMT 2009

Sameep

>If the iso file generally exceeds 700 MB, it is obvious that it won't
be possible to write it on a cd. In that case, can the same be written
on DVD >and work as LiveDVD? Or the only option is to use it on virtual
>machine?

>Sorry about the unnecessary question. The link that you gave me has all the details. Thanks. But I would really like to know, how would you create a Edubuntu LiveCD using remastersys.

You can download the installable one  , install it and then run remastersys to create a Live DVD . Alternatively , you can use a Desktop Edition of Ubuntu , install required edubuntu packages from the repo , and then run remastersys. I would however , reccomend the first method.

Regards,

Sameep
http://www.thelinuxblog.co.cc