[ubuntu-in] install gcc

Manish Sinha mail at manishsinha.net
Fri Feb 27 11:43:03 GMT 2009

Fabian Enos wrote:
> I believe that gcc comes preloaded with Ubuntu but I can be mistaken.
> WHat you shoud do is try compiling a .c file and see what happens.

Gcc comes preloaded with ubuntu. Just the development headers are not
installed. You can do this by downloading the glibc6-dev package or get
it from the CD/DVD
> You can also try 'geany' which is an IDE for C, C++, etc which can
> help you to compile, execute, debug, etc the source code.

Awesome IDE, I use it all the time. It has great support for PHP which
is the language I work on. Simple and lightweight with no fat dependencies.

Regards,
Manish