[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu on HP

JaiGanesh Srinivasan consoleart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 08:20:12 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Iam having a very serious problem. I bought a new laptop HP Paviliondv5,
I tried installing Ubunutu - Interpeid Ibex from a DVD, the installation
completed and when the machine started it went to MEMEORY test mode, it
completed the memory test, restarted, memory test again etc., the OS did
not load at all,
now I tried installing ubuntu Hardy Heron, after clicking install
ubunutu on the welcome screen iam getting a message

udevd-event[1581]: run_program: '/sbin/modprobe' abnormal exit

BusyBox v1.1.3 )Debian 1:1.1.3-5 ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of build-in commands

(initramfs)_

what am i doing wrong please help...

Thanks in advance
Jai