[ubuntu-in] Connecting a Wifi router to a BSNL Broadband modem through Ubuntu

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 06:53:17 GMT 2009

ramnarayan.k at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have been trying to connect a Linksys wrt54gl wifi router to a BSNL
> Broadband modem.
>
> Everything seems to be setup but i cannot seem to connect through the
> wifi setup

Here is a simple setup of mine which I have currently with Airtel. I
used to have a PPPoE on router when I had BSNL and the modem was broken
that I couldn't configure it.
I prefer the modem to be configured to connect by itself.

[Internet] ------> [Modem] (Configured with IP 192.168.1.0 and runs DHCP
starting from 192.168.1.1-10)-----> [Linksys WRT54G] (gets IP from
modem, runs DHCP from 192.168.0.100-110 and has internal IP 192.168.0.0)
----> ethernet and wireless

I have turned on encryption for the wireless as well as the MAC filter.
I haven't fiddled around with any other configuration on the router.

--
With Regards,

Parthan "technofreak" (2FF01026)
http://technofreak.in