[ubuntu-in] booting to commandline

Moz listmoz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:06:12 GMT 2009

Hi Puneeth

> You need to change the input method to "SCIM Input Method". [Right
> click in the text area of the application. From Input Methods menu,
> select SCIM Input] (this starts scim, if it's not already running)
> You can use Ctrl+<Space> to trigger SCIM.

Thanks. In Intredpid, one needs to go to System -> Language Support ->
Add a tickmark to 'Enable support to enter complex characters -> apply.
And then logout and login again to enable this change. This was not so
in Gutsy, so I missed that. I found this on InputMethods/SCIM/Setup -
Ubuntu Wiki etc.

Moz