[ubuntu-in] Plans for an installfest at college in New Bombay

Easwar Hariharan meindian523 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:27:12 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Nitesh Mistry <mistrynitesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Easwar!
> It is a great idea to show demo so that people see for themselves the
> usability of the software. But, how have you planned to publicize the event,
> so the people know that this demo is being conducted. In case your target
> audience is the resident students, you can put some posters on the campus,
> or request the professors to announce about the event in the classrooms.
> Hope the event turns out to be a success so that we can replicate the same
> at other campuses also. Wish I could have been in Mumbai to lend you a
> helping hand.
> All the best!

Since this install fest is in concert with a technical fest conducted
in co-ordination with 5 other engineering colleges and my college in
Mumbai,publicity is being conducted along with the publicity for other
events of the technical fest.Both the above methods mentioned above
are already on radar,thank you anyway. :)

Apologies for the double post which may have taken place
inadvertently.The points where I can see my plan failing is when
1]People spoken to are spoken to in such a manner that doesn't raise
interest in them to allocate 10GB of their HDD to Ubuntu.
2]People install,but end up never booting Ubuntu.This would also be a
failing of the "Reasons to Migrate" speech given by the organisers to
the willing people doesn't convince them that the effort to learn the
new system is worth the peace of mind they get in return.

Regards,
Easwar
Registered Linux user #442065