[ubuntu-in] UAC in Ibex - How to?

Priyadarsan Roy priyadarsanroy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 06:43:35 GMT 2009

         I want to configure my system in such way that I want the one
> user (the one created during installation) to have a Static IP
> configuration(which has internet connection, as per our server setting).
> If logged on as any other user, i want the system to have a Dhcp
> configuration. Is this possible?

Hi Venkatesh,

As far as I know IP is system specific. One can configure to have a static
IP or via DHCP. If it is bare requirement for you, you might plan to write a
script to change the /etc/network/interfaces file based on some action which
takes place when a user logs in. It can be complicated and there might be
lots of exceptions you might have to take care of.

Regards,
PD