[ubuntu-in] Using Ubuntu Server 8.10 and trying to get Canon MF 4150 work with it?

leena at itforchange.net leena at itforchange.net
Mon Feb 2 05:25:13 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I have recently bought Canon MF 4150 (Scan, Copy, Fax with Duplexer) and
trying to get it to work with machine on which I have installed Ubuntu
server edition 8.10.
Printer is connected to this server machine.

I followed this thread "http://www.computechgroup.com/?p=559" and got
drivers for the printer.
Got it installed as per the documentation. Printer works but in funny
manner.
It does not recognize multi pages, and when try to print double side, it
prints on reverse side from bottom?
I have tried to change option like : short edge bining and long edge
binding but of no help.
This happens with .pdfs and .odts
.doc files do not print in duplex mode, it prints first page and throws
error.

I have also tried updated version of drivers 1.70 and 1.80 but proved to
be of no help.

I am using cups 1.39
Gosh script: 8.63

I have other machine on which I have Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 (desktop version)
and installed these drivers there, when connected to printer it prints
ok (atleast .odt and .pdf) but when tried to route print request through
server (using SAMBA) it is printing double sided in upside down manner.

Need help with this, has anybody had success getting this printer to
work with Ubuntu/Linux?

Thanks,
Leena

--