[ubuntu-in] Organising a talk about Open Source at a technical fest

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:16:22 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Ninad Pundalik <ninadsp16289 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This year, the festival is scheduled from 10th to 14th March, and we
> are interested in inviting someone to speak about Open Source.  Some
> of the names that we've come up with are:

Great. But you need to request them well in advance. Please do it asap
if you have not done it yet.

> Jono Bacon - Ubuntu Community Manager, Canonical -
> http://www.jonobacon.org/about/
> Mark Shuttleworth - CEO, Canonical - http://www.markshuttleworth.com/

+ 1 to both these folks. Jono might be a better person when it comes
to Community building.

> Richard Stallman - http://www.stallman.org/
> Eric S Raymond - http://www.catb.org/~esr

Interesting combo. :)

> Blake Ross - http://en.wikipedia.org/Blake_Ross
> Miguel de Icaza - http://tirania.org/blog/
> Matthias Ettrich - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Ettrich
> Arun Ranganathan - http://arunranga.com/blog/about/

Why not try someone in India as well? Browse through FOSS.IN or any
other conference speaker list and pick out people who might interest
you.

> As most of the above do not reside in India, it would be great if we
> could arrange a tour through the country/places near Delhi or Jaipur.
> If interested, kindly reply to this mail (with a CC to
> ninadsp16289 at gmail.com) so that we can get in touch off the list and
> start working on organizing. :)

I can get the entire tour organised. Contact me offline for the details.

Regards,
Aanjhan