[ubuntu-in] Organising a talk about Open Source at a technical fest

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:22:03 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I'm a student at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
[1].  Our annual technical festival, APOGEE[2] is organised every year
in March.  Since last year, the institute has invited speakers of
international repute during the festival.  Jimmy Wales, Dilip Chhabria
and John C Mather (2006 Physics Nobel Laureate) were some of the
people who spoke last year.

This year, the festival is scheduled from 10th to 14th March, and we
are interested in inviting someone to speak about Open Source.  Some
of the names that we've come up with are:

Jono Bacon - Ubuntu Community Manager, Canonical -
http://www.jonobacon.org/about/
Mark Shuttleworth - CEO, Canonical - http://www.markshuttleworth.com/
Richard Stallman - http://www.stallman.org/
Eric S Raymond - http://www.catb.org/~esr
Blake Ross - http://en.wikipedia.org/Blake_Ross
Miguel de Icaza - http://tirania.org/blog/
Matthias Ettrich - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Ettrich
Arun Ranganathan - http://arunranga.com/blog/about/

As most of the above do not reside in India, it would be great if we
could arrange a tour through the country/places near Delhi or Jaipur.
If interested, kindly reply to this mail (with a CC to
ninadsp16289 at gmail.com) so that we can get in touch off the list and
start working on organizing. :)

[1] - http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/
[2] - http://www.bits-apogee.org/