[ubuntu-in] Query: uses of /home being on a different partition

Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] abhishek.amberkar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 08:23:03 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan
<ashutoshrishi92 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> However now, you may not re-install due to this, instead try to find out
>> what is taking up so much space.
>
> Oh no, I am not reinstalling because of that. At least not just because of
> that. The main reason is that I have a 40 GB partition which had windows XP
> before and now is not needed. So I wanted to utilize that. Plus, I am not
> going to loose any important data reinstalling (except some applications).
> So its all good. The few files I have, are going to Ubuntu One. Kudo for
> Ubuntu One!
> Another query,
> I read about this, but not sure: Is swap space necessary for RAM of 2 GB?

Swap space is generally twice the size of memory, but it really
depends upon what applications you run on your system. You can refer
the following article.

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/8208-all-about-linux-swap-space

--
With Regards
Abhishek Amberkar

Learn to appreciate the beauty within...