[ubuntu-in] Sending fax via Mobile Broadband devices ?

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:29:15 GMT 2009

On 12/24/2009 01:16 PM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Onkar Shinde<onkarshinde at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The software available in repositories is only for use with fax modems
>> (the old dialup modems with fax capabilities).
>> I don't think you can send Fax over DSL line or GSM modems. You need
>> standard PSTN line for that.
> i suppose efax will work on a Land line (pstn) ??
>> A better way to send Fax these days, in case you plan to send them on
>> regular basis, is to get all-in-one kind of device (print + scan +
>> fax) from various printer manufacturers.
> Yes , i guess thats a solution, which still requires a landline :-)
> so basically no chance of sending faxes while using broadbadn - mobile
> or otherwise
> thanks
> ram
it is not possible to send FAX over ADSL DSL or GSM modem .... only
possible using dialup fax modem ( winfax modem )

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/